What is Upward Bound?
Upward Bound is a program designed to help high school students acquire the skills and motivation necessary to succeed in high school and postsecondary education.
What does Upward Bound Provide?
· Academic and Personal Development
· Leadership Training
· Motivational & Educational Workshops
· Assistance with College Admissions
· Financial Aid Application Assistance
· College Prep Assistance
· Cultural Enrichment trips
· ACT Prep
· Travel Opportunities
· Stipend & Scholarship Program
What are the benefits?
·Students can earn up to $40 every month
·Receive afterschool tutoring
·Visit College campuses
·Be prepared for college
The Upward Bound Summer Academy is:
•Mandatory every summer
•A six weeks program
· Students an opportunity to live on the campus of NEO A & M College
· Teambuilding and social skills
· Help students in their core classes such as Math, English, Science, and foreign language
· Students an opportunity to study other subjects and skills not normally offered in their schools
Who qualifies for Upward Bound?
· Are in the 9th or 10th grade
· Attend school in Afton, Commerce, Fairland, Grove, Miami, Quapaw or Wyandotte
· Meet income eligibility requirements
· Neither parent has a 4-year Degree
How do I apply for Upward Bound?
· Make sure you qualify
· Be committed
· Pick up an application with your school counselor
· Complete and submit the application to the NEO Upward Bound Office
Any questions may be directed to:
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
Upward Bound Program
200 I Street NE
Miami, OK 74354