PLEASE NOTE: To apply for Administrative , Professional , & Faculty positions, the personnel office must receive:
PLEASE NOTE: To apply for Classified positions only an Employment Application Form (download from above) is required, unless otherwise specified on the Vacancy Announcement.
Northeastern Oklahoma A & M College does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, Vietnam-era veteran, disability status or sexual orientation. Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of age against persons 40 and older. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
To apply for employment at NEO A&M College, print our Employment Application which can be found on the left hand side under Human Resources’ links. Once you have manually completed the form, you may submit your application in person (200 I. Street NE; Miami, OK 74354), via fax (918) 540-6468, e-mail email@example.com or by mailing a copy to the following address:
NEO A&M College
Attn: Beverly Arnold, Human Resources
200 I. Street NE
Miami, OK 74354
The Human Resources Department is located in the Library Administration Building on the East side of I. Street.
Please note: Applicants cannot submit an online application at this time. Questions may be directed to Human Resources by phone (918) 540-6378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for applying!
If you have difficulties with the application process, or have questions, please contact us or stop by our office.
Human Resources Department
200 I. Street NE
Miami, OK 74354
Library Administration Building-Room LA005
(building located on east side of I. Street)
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with NEO!
NEO A&M College is proud to be 100% tobacco-free.
NEO A&M College may close posted position(s) pending any possible budget constraints.
Northeastern Oklahoma A &M College
Department: Natural Sciences
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To:
Grade/Level: Chair, Math and Science Department
Job Status: Full Time Amount of Travel Required:
1-3 hours per week, variable
The position requires that the instructor teach a full load of courses as assigned by their supervisor. Release time and or contact hours may be considered when assigning an instructor’s teaching load. A full load is defined as 30 credit hours per year dependent upon release time earned through other assignments. Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Please print a hard copy and send it along with your resume to the following address: Personnel Department Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College Box 3971 Miami, OK 74354. You may call the Personnel Office at 918-540-6378. AA/EOE
· Teaches assigned courses in accordance with catalog descriptions and approved syllabi, revising official syllabi when necessary
· Teaches evenings, off-campus, or through distance education delivery systems, if necessary
· Maintains competency in assigned instructional areas
· Maintains necessary academic credentials
· Complies with all appropriate academic standards as set forth by the accreditation agency of the college, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, the Board of Regents for Oklahoma State University and the A&M Colleges, the College, and the particular programs
· Creates and maintains a professional Web page on the College Website with appropriate faculty bio, contact information and teaching/office schedule
· Participates in selection of Textbooks/Learning materials for courses taught
· Demonstrates satisfactory performance related to curriculum development to ensure that courses and programs meet current standards, are reviewed regularly, and provide evidence of necessary assessment practices
· Promotes a positive learning atmosphere within the classroom by maintaining order, demonstrating multiple approaches, employing appropriate technology, attending promptly to individual needs, and conducting class regularly and punctually
· Maintains a sound system of student evaluation, demonstrating fairness in grading and protecting the integrity of all evaluation tools
· Keeps accurate records and promptly submits all requested materials to appropriate administration
· Participates in the Department’s efforts to assess learning
· Posts and adheres to an approved schedule of office hours for advising, enrolling, and tutoring students
· Uses all forms of academic warning frequently and consistently to enhance student success and retention
· Observes all accepted policies and procedures when enrolling students
· Supports College functions which include (but are not limited to) assemblies, commencement, enrollment sessions, in-service workshops, honors banquets, etc.
· Supports College events which may include (but are not limited to) concerts, activity events, luncheons, dinners, etc.
· Supports Departmental programs including meetings, training, program reviews, etc.
· Actively recruits prospective students, both traditional and non-traditional (aggressive recruiting may be mandatory to ensure the viability of some of the College’s programs)
· Academically advises students (specifically related to a student’s academic assessment and placement, academic major and appropriate plan of study, enrollment, and intervention, when necessary)
· Academically counsels students (specifically related to career and transfer guidance, referral to instructional resources, etc.)
· Interacts with appropriate external audiences (alumni, community, private sector manufacturing, etc.) to raise awareness of the Process Technology Program of NEO for support (donations of funds, contributions of other assets, internships, hiring graduates, etc.)
· Maintains a professional attitude, cooperating with administration, faculty, staff, students, and community, and following accepted channels in all official campus communication
· Supports the vision, mission and goals of the college
· Conducts summer camps for High School students and teachers
· Supports adjunct faculty in the PTEC program
· Accepts other responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree with successful teaching or experience in continuous process industry is preferred. A candidate holding an Associate’s degree plus supporting experience may be employed.
At least two years experience preferred.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
· Other Requirements (Preferred):
· Experience in continuous process manufacturing such as petro-chemical, chemical production, food processing, energy production, etc.
· Experience as an operator or operator supervisor or trainer in manufacturing.
· Working and technical knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, processes and technology used in modern processing industries.
· Working knowledge of quality, measuring quality, such as six sigma, and lean manufacturing.
· Working knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues in manufacturing.
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Addendum to Faculty Job Descriptions
Science, Process Technology and Construction Management
Function of the Science, Process Technology and Construction Management Instructors:
· Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment
· Maintains PTEC training equipment
· Maintains safety quality in Laboratories
· Assist in recruiting and supervision of lab assistants
· Actively engage area public school teachers in promoting PTEC and PTEC related careers.
· Update supply inventory
· Prepare requisitions
· Submit bid requests for equipment
· Order supplies
· Maintain a clutter free laboratory
· Maintain clean laboratory surfaces
· Clean and maintain laboratory equipment
· Follow guidelines in accordance with appropriate regulatory agencies
· Plan appropriate hands-on exercises using laboratory equipment and simulators
· Set up equipment for laboratory exercises
Supervise students in laboratories
· Clean and restock materials and equipment
· Chemical waste disposal (when applicable)
· Prepare for and set up lab
· Teach/supervise labs
· Clean up after lab
Supervise student make-up laboratories
· Oversee the safety of students in the laboratory by practicing guidelines set by CDC, NIH, OSHA, etc., for the use, handling and disposal of biohazards, chemicals, sharps, cleaning laboratory surfaces, air standards, etc.
· Maintaining a manual of current MSDS sheets for reagents used in the lab