Student Support Services
Residual ACT Dates
Transfer Information & Resources
Adult Learning Center
Title III - Part F
ITV Video Streams
Globally Infused Courses
Equine & Ranch Management
Natural Resource Ecology
Equine Judging Team
Business & Technology
Thursday Night Program
Communication & Fine Arts
Speech & Theatre
Art & Design
Math & Science
Nursing, Allied Health, & P.E.
Fast Track Nursing
Physical Therapist Assistant
Medical Laboratory Technician
Early Childhood Education
Psychology & Sociology (AA)
Social Science (AA)
Native American Studies
Advertising a Vacancy
Sexual Harrassment Policy
Frequently Used Forms
Grants & Development
Tuition & Fees
Wanting to Graduate?
Graduation Check Sheets
Methods of Giving
Foundation Board of Directors
Staff of the Month Nomination Form
NEO Women and Friends
Accounting-One Year Certificate
Accounting-Two Year Certificate
Administrative Assitant-Two Year
Child Developement-One Year Certificate
Computer Info Systems-Two Year Certificate
Drafting & Design-One Year Certificate
Drafting & Design-Two Year Certificate
Equine & Ranch Management-Two Year Certificate
General Office-One Year Certificate
Marketing & Management-One Year Certificate
Marketing & Management-Two Year Certificate
Medical Assistant-One Year
Medical Office Assistant-Two Year Certificate
Applying for Aid
FAFSA Step-by-Step 1
FAFSA Step-by-Step 2
FAFSA Step-by-Step 3
FAFSA Step-by-Step 4
FAFSA Step-by-Step 5
FAFSA Step-by-Step 6
Types of Aid
Tribal Scholarship Information
Supplemental Education Grant
Subsidized Stafford Loan
Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
Parent PLUS Loan
Private Student Loans
Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Definition of Need
Cost of Attendance
Understanding Your Award Letter
Receiving Additional Resources
Disbursement of Funds
Frequently Asked Questions
Become a Student
Campus Police & Map
Chemical or Radiation Spill
Civil Disturbance or Demonstrations
Explosion, Aircraft Crash, or Similar Event
General Evacuation Procedures
Medical & First Aid
Sexual Assault & Rape
Violent or Criminal Behavior
Student Housing Complex
Volunteerism & Service Learning
A to C
D to J
K to O
P to T
U to Z
What is Service-Learning
Right to Know
Student Life Calendar
What is a Norsemen
Information for Parents
American Indian Center
Return to King and Queen
APPLICATION IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING.
HOMECOMING KING & QUEEN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Homecoming King and Queen will have the honor of being considered NEO student ambassadors at various NEO events. The King and Queen will be expected to abide by the
NEO Homecoming Court Code of Conduct
while holding these prestigious titles. You will be required to report to the Vice President of Student Services, Amy Ishmael.
-Must be considered a sophomore to be eligible (successfully completed 24 credits at NEO)
-Must be a full time student, with a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
COMPLETED applications must be submitted by
September 12 at 4:30 p.m
Late applications will not be accepted.
Make Sure These Items Have Been Completed/Submitted:
* Complete Homecoming King & Queen Application Packet
* Complete Additional Information (Limit 2 Page Total)
* Complete Homecoming Code of Conduct Form with student signature
* Submit (2) Recommendation Form and make him/her aware of the September 12th deadline
* Submit Unofficial Transcripts with your application
* Club/ Organization must pay fees
* Clubs will be charged as follows: These fees will provide your candidate with a sash and flowers/ boutonniere
-King Candidate- $20.00
-Queen Candidate- $40.00
NEO Homecoming Court Code of Conduct
Competing for and holding the titles of NEO Homecoming King, Queen, Mr. & Miss. Norse Spirit is an honor and a responsibility. Throughout the year you will represent NEO at important events both on-campus and in the local community. Due to the vital role you will play on behalf of NEO, the college expects the Homecoming King, Queen, and Norse Spirit contestants and titleholders to comply with the following code of conduct:
* Eligible contestants must be full-time students at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. Delegates for Homecoming Queen and King must be students in their sophomore year who have a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Norse Spirit contestants must be students in their freshman year of study.
* Contestants and titleholders will agree to adhere to the directions and rules set forth by the NEO Homecoming Committee.
* Contestants will refrain from speaking privately to pageant judges during the competition period. Entrants and parents should under no circumstances approach judges prior to or during competition. Failure to observe this rule will result in disqualification. Judges will be provided with instructions regarding scoring procedures prior to the competition. Under no circumstances will entrants have the right to view anyone’s scores but their own.
* All participants and selected titleholders will maintain a professional demeanor that upholds the character, honor and position of respect associated with their position. Entrants should affirm (by signing this form) that they have not or will not commit any act inconsistent with the highest standards of public morality and convention that would reflect unfavorable on this event or Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College, its student body, or student organizations.
* Entrants are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous, professional manner at all times while representing NEO A&M College. Contestants and titleholders will refrain from participating in malicious or inflammatory speech, both in person, in print and online. Gossip, slander or defamatory speech directed against other contestants, committee members, NEO faculty or staff or Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College will not be tolerated and are cause for immediate removal.
* Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. Disruptive behavior before, during or after Homecoming events will result in disqualification.
* Contestants and titleholders should remember that social networking site content (Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc.), as well as information on any other website or personal webpage, is considered a reflection upon them and NEO. Entrants who appear in public, in printed publications, or online in a state of partial or total nudity or in a lewd, compromising or sexually suggestive manner will be disqualified.
* Titleholders are expected to maintain a public image that is consistent with the high standards of NEO A&M College. To that end, no public displays of inebriation or intoxication, use of controlled or dangerous substances, indecent exposure, or inappropriate language/behavior will be tolerated.
* Titleholders should refrain from excessive public displays of affection with their companions while officially representing NEO both on campus and in the community. Smoking or drinking alcohol while representing NEO A&M College is expressly forbidden. Appropriate attire is expected of all Titleholders while they represent the college. Bare midriffs, extremely short skirts, excessive cleavage, offensive logo on t-shirts, etc. are all prohibited.
* The commission or charge of a local, state or federal crime, past or present, including arrest without limitation (reckless or drunk driving, possession of alcohol or drugs, or incidents involving minors) is grounds for immediate disqualification or dismissal. Full disclosures of any criminal background history is expected and failure to comply will result in disqualifications.
* Entrants MUST ATTEND ALL SCHEDULED EVENTS, PRACTICES AND REHERSALS unless given specific written consent from the NEO Homecoming Chair, Lisa Severe.
* The titles: “NEO Homecoming King/Queen”, “Miss Norse Spirit”, and “Mr. Norse Spirit” are the property of NEO A&M College (Northeastern Oklahoma Agriculture and Mechanical College). Under no circumstance should contestants or Titleholders register any document , email address domain, website forum, registration or other publicly viewed or accessible print, video or other media without complying with the following guidelines:
-Include a year designation of at least 2 digits -“mrnorsespirit09.com”
- Use of a year designation with 4 digits – “Miss Norse Spirit 2010”
* The NEO Homecoming Queen must return to NEO A&M College at the conclusion of his/her year’s reign to crown his/her successor.
* In the event of a Homecoming King/Queen or Norse Spirit titleholder’s removal, the 1st runner up shall be crowned in replacement . If the runner up cannot fulfill this obligation, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. in turn shall be offered the title.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct and associated eligibility requirements and other NEO A&M College rules may result in immediate exclusion from competition or , if currently a titleholder, the forfeiture of awards and titles.
NEO A&M College, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354, 888-GO-GO-NEO | Copyright 2012 NEO A&M College