1. If indoors, seek shelter in the lowest Ievel of the building. Inner hallways or rooms are preferable, AWAY FROM WINDOWS.
2. If outdoors, take cover in the nearest ditch or depression, away from power lines, buildings and trees. DO NOT STAY IN A CAR OR ATTEMPT TO OUTRUN THE TORNADO.
3. After the tornado has passed, evaluate the situation and if emergency help is necessary, contact the Campus Police Department at Extension 6300 (after hours at (918)533-1243). Be aware at all times of dangerous structural conditions around you.
4. Damaged facilities should be reported to the Campus Police Department. NOTE: Gas leaks and power failure create special hazards. Please refer to the section on utility failure.
5. ASSIST THE HANDICAPPED IN EVACUATING THE BUILDING. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
6. Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building(s). Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
7. If requested, assist the Campus Police Department.
8. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the Campus Police Department.
9. All emergency procedures will be directed through the Campus Police Department.
10. Buildings will be equipped with emergency response kits that include flashlights, radios, first aid supplies, etc.
11. REMAIN CALM. All emergency response efforts will require clear thinking and cooperation from all members of the campus community.
EVACUATION PROCEDURES BY FACILITY / SAFE AREAS