1. In the event of a major utility failure occurring during regular business hours, immediately notify the Physical Plant Department at extension 6227.
2. If there is potential danger to the building occupants, or if the utility failure occurs after hours, weekends and holidays, notify the Campus Police Department at extension 6300 (after hours at (918)533-1243).
3. ASSIST THE HANDICAPPED IN EXITING THE BUILDING! DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
4. Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building. Keep the walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
5. DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless directed to do so by the Campus Police Department.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES
Always observe steps “1” and “2” above whenever the following utility emergencies arise.
Electrical Light Failure Your building may not be equipped with an emergency light system that will provide illumination in corridors and stairs for safe exiting. Therefore, it is advisable that your department have flashlights available.Elevator Failure
If you are trapped in an elevator, use the emergency phone in the elevator to notify the Campus Police Department. If the elevator does not have an emergency phone, turn on the emergency alarm (located on the front panel), which will signal your need for help.
Plumbing Failure/Flooding Stop using all electrical equipment. Notify the Physical Plant Department at 6227 (during business hours). If necessary, vacate the area.Serious Gas Leak
Cease all operations. DO NOT SWITCH ON LIGHTS or ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
REMEMBER - Electrical arcing can trigger an explosion! Notify the Campus Police Department at extension 6300 (after hours at (918) 533-1243) and Physical Plant Services at extension 6227 (during regular business hours). Vacate the area.
Steam Line Failure Immediately notify Physical Plant Services at extension 6227 (during regular business hours). If necessary, vacate the area.
Ventilation Problem If smoke or odors come from the ventilation system, immediately notify Physical Plant Services at extension 6227 (during regular business hours; after hours contact Campus Police at (918)533-1243.) If necessary, stop all operations and vacate the area.