January 5, 2023 in
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Head Football Coach|
|Amount of Travel||25%|
|Work Schedule||40 hrs. week, some evenings and weekends|
The applicant chosen for this position will be responsible work for the football team in various activities at the discretion of the Head Coach. Loyalty, morality, honesty, earnestness, and work-ethic are the main responsibilities for this position. In addition to the payroll, assistant coach position will be awarded dorm room and meal ticket for NEO Cafeteria/Sodexo. Responsible for all of Dyer Hall Duties.
- Primary duties are instructional in nature, and in executing instruction, assistant coach is expected to exercise independent judgement and discretion as to how best teach student-athletes with who they work
- The assistant coaches’ instructional delivery method should not be demeaning, abusive or detrimental to team concepts
- Assistant coach will instruct proper skills and skill development to student-athletes
- Instructional responsibilities must encompass at least 50% of the coaches’ time and include instruction of physical health, skills, technique, team concepts, game strategies, and safety.
- Assistant coach will work under the supervision of the head coach, and perhaps one or more other position coaches, but assistant coaches have independence in the manner and method of instruction and are responsible for designing instruction for individual student-athletes and for their specific team needs
- Residence Director for Dyer Hall
- Coordinate Special Teams for practice and games
- Assist with recruiting coordinator
- Weight room supervision periodically
- Coordinates directly with housing department
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in coaching
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.