November 17, 2022 in
Department of Public Safety
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Director of Public Safety|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||20 hrs. week, to include rotating days off, weekends, days, nights, hoots, and holidays|
Ensure the safety, protection, and related services to the campus community including law enforcement, health and safety, parking and traffic, crime prevention, site security, and in-service training.
- Enforce all Federal, State, County and Municipal Codes, Statutes or Ordinances, and NEO A&M College regulations. Arrest offenders if warranted.
- Preserve the peace and protect life and property against criminal attack.
- Provide protection against any harmful acts, both willful and inadvertent, whether of a criminal or non-criminal basis.
- The enforcement of all traffic and parking regulations on and around NEO A&M College within the guidelines of the State Laws, City Ordinances and college traffic and parking regulations in order to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of all persons within the campus environment.
- Patrol the campus by vehicle and foot to protect and guard all persons, grounds, buildings and equipment from harm, damage or destruction by others.
- Cooperate with all local law enforcement agencies.
- Receive, investigate, and complete reports on all criminal acts that occur on campus property.
- Prepare case records for presentation to appropriate court for filing of charges and testify as required.
- Coordinate patrol and enforcement of laws and regulations for all special events that occur on campus.
- Inform the Chief of Police of all concerns and all arrests as soon as practical.
- Provide public service to all persons on campus; giving information, directions, assistance and comfort to those in distress.
- Provide additional coverage for NEO A&M College sporting events as needed at the discretion of the Chief of Police
- Subject to call, if not on duty, in times of emergency or when other situations arise that additional help is needed.
- Any additional police duties that may be required by the Chief of Police.
- Maintain daily activity and fire logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Full Time Officer Certification (Accredited State Certification)
- Ability to work day, evening, or midnight shifts at the discretion of the Chief of Police
Other minimum qualification requirements established by Oklahoma State Statues, Title 70-3311
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at https://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.