November 17, 2022 in
Department of Public Safety
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Job Status||Temporary Part-time|
|Reports To||Director of Public Safety|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||As needed|
The Investigator will perform investigative law enforcement duties for the NEO A&M College Police Department. Work involves investigating crimes and complaints, securing evidence, and apprehending and preparing prosecution of criminal offenders. Employee is responsible for investigating various misdemeanor and felony offenses such as robbery, assault, larceny, fraud, forgery, rape, and sexual assault.
- Performs a variety of investigative work, collecting evidence, conducting interviews, following up on leads, preparing and filing case records.
- Maintains investigative files.
- Attends court and presents evidence and testimony as necessary.
- Investigates crimes committed within the jurisdiction of NEO A&M College Police Dept
- Examines scene of crime to determine exact nature of law violations.
- Searches for clues and makes preliminary interrogations of suspects; gathers and labels evidence found.
- Interviews complainants, witnesses, and other persons who may have information related to crimes or suspected criminal activity.
- Interviews and interrogates suspects.
- Assembles and organizes statements and evidence for presentation in court and before grand jury.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED and minimum three years of patrol experience; or an equivalent combination of patrol experience, education and related experience required.
- Completion of some college level course work preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Certification as a Peace Officer in the State of CLEET required.
- At least one year experience as investigator for a law enforcement department.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History background check.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at https://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.