December 5, 2022 in
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Project Director|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||25 hrs. week, M-F|
This position serves as an online instructional designer for course conversions to online/hybrid formats, to include assessment of outcomes via data collection, so as to facilitate continuous improvement, and alignment with support services. Remote work is a possibility.
- Oversee completion of strategies leading to accomplishments of annual grant activity objectives;
- Coordinate with Student Resources Coordinator to align student interventions and support services with curriculum;
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (faculty) to identify student needs related to online learning;
- Lead professional development in strategies and tools for online/hybrid course design/delivery, to include the NWOK culturally aligned pedagogical framework.
- Lead STEM online course conversions/revisions/developments/pilots/evaluations;
- Assist the project director in project evaluation and institutionalization.
- Complete Quality Matters training and certifications for the development of online courses for peer review of online courses;
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods;
- Assist target faculty in designing student learning objectives and in measuring learning performance via appropriate assessment instruments;
- Assist faculty in the development of engaging learning activities that are congruent with the course learning objectives and the unit learning objectives;
- Comply with Universal Design Standards to ensure accessibility and equity of access to online courses/material;
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learning contexts;
- Maintain project documentation;
- Continuously review student performance data and identify course “choke points” in online classes with high D/F/W rates to recommend modifications to the design of delivery and alignment with support resources;
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree required;
- At least 3 years of experience working in higher education preferred;
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one learning management system;
- Ability to write effective instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts;
- Ability to work independently or on a team
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.