The following guidelines must be used when making your purchases through OK Corral:
- Amounts $0-$3,500; Considering Purchasing Best Practices, we would encourage each of you to always shop around for the best prices on any purchase you are making. If you have a hard copy quote or e-mail, please attach.
- Amounts $3,500-$7,500; Two (2) written/signed/dated quotes (on Vendor forms or e-mail with company and sales rep. name).
- Amounts $7,500-$25,000; Three (3) written/signed/dated quotes (on Vendor forms or e-mail with company and sales rep. name).
- Amounts $25,000-over; Attach a list of your suggested vendors (with FEI number, phone and fax or e-mail). You can use the continuation form also found on the NEO web/forms for this list. OSU Purchasing handles these bids. The specifications you need attached must be on the continuation sheet also.
- Amounts $75,000-over; require OSU/A&M Board of Regents approval. Please contact the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs at least two months prior to the next monthly Board meeting with all the information regarding your request.
Quotes would not be necessary if items are on the State Contract and you have the contract number on the requisition. When quotes are necessary based on above guidelines, remember these written quotes can be e-mailed to you from the Vendor and while you have the Vendor on the phone, this is the opportune time to request their FEI Number (Federal Tax ID #).
Remember to look at the front page of OK Corral as these contracts are already bid and set up.