April 25, 2023 in
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Director of Upward Bound|
|Amount of Travel||30-40%|
|Work Schedule||40 hrs. week, M-F, occasional weekends, occasional overnight trips|
This is a full-time position in a federally-funded program that will develop and implement all activities and services to meet the Upward Bound project objectives. Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide academic, career and counseling services which encourage and motivate students to complete high school and to enter postsecondary education;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the development of personal, cultural, social and academic awareness needed to successfully participate in a postsecondary environment;
- Responsible for working with the Academic Coordinator in planning and organizing the academic curriculum during the academic year and summer components;
- Assist the Director and Academic Coordinator in the implementation of activities and services;
- Assist the Director to train, supervise, and evualuate instructors, tutors, and residential staff;
- Assist with recruitment and publicizing the UB Project at the institution, target schools, and in the community;
- Assist with the identification and selection process;
- Coordinate the academic assessment of participants and monitor the Education Action Plans, progress reports and participant performance;
- Develop and facilitate group workshops and Saturday sessions;
- Prepare or assist in preparation of program newsletter;
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled;
- Assist the Director in other duties as assigned.
- Develop education plans for concurrent high school students.
- Conduct regular on-site high school visits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, mathematics, counseling or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Two years experience designing/ delivering curriculum; demonstrated planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Previous experience in the use of technology for instructional purposes
- Demonstrated sensitivity to needs of economically/ educ disadvantaged youth
- Previous experience working with high school students preferred
- Preference to individuals who have backgrounds similar to the target population
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.