November 17, 2022 in
Department of Public Safety
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Director of Public Safety|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||40 hrs. week, to include rotating days off, weekends, days, nights, hoots, and holidays|
The Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College Campus Police Department in Miami, OK, is hiring full-time and part-time campus police officers. NEO A&M College Campus Police Department is a CLEET recognized police department with CLEET certified officers.
- Provide for campus safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting community and campus relations.
- Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and activity.
- Identify and arrest perpetrators of criminal acts.
- Render aid to accident victims or other individuals requiring first aid.
- Investigate traffic accidents or other accidents.
- Monitor campus parking to ensure parking regulations are adhered to.
- Attend athletic events regularly.
- Participate in safety programs and safety training.
- Assist with compliance reporting tasks.
- Patrol campus properties and adjacent streets and properties on a regular basis.
- Interact with student body, staff, and faculty.
- Cooperate and develop relationship with local law enforcement and first responders.
- Other duties as the Chief of Police may direct.
- CLEET Certification or other recognized full-time peace officer certification REQUIRED
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Education – Minimum of High School Diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass an extensive background investigation
- Must pass an MMPI
- Must have no crimes of moral turpitude
- No felony convictions
- Will be required to work any shift (days, nights, hoots).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- 40 hour minimum work week for full time employees
- Up to 20 hour work week for part time employees
Comprehensive Resume including documentation of CLEET or other full time peace officer certification to be submitted with application.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.