January 18, 2024 in
|200 I ST NE, Miami, OK
|Executive Director of Development
|Amount of Travel
|M-F, 40 hours per week
The coordinator of communications and public relations initiates, creates, and publishes content for internal and external college communications with an emphasis on written content such as press releases, emails, newsletters, magazines, speeches, website and social media content.
This position requires interviewing and being interviewed on air and in print, fact-checking, maintaining relationships with students, community, alumni, employees, officials, and the media, acting as an official spokesperson for the college, assisting in planning and placing physical and digital campaigns, and coordinating campus communications and alerts.
Duties include updating the marketing and event calendars, graphic design, desktop publishing, taking photos and videos at events and maintaining all social media platforms. Strong attention to detail, knowledge of higher education, and the ability to meet daily creative deadlines are key to the position.
- Initiate and create press releases about campus programs for the purpose of recruitment, awareness, and positive branding to send to area media outlets.
- Serve as a campus photojournalist and assist in the creation of promotional content.
- Maintain a presence on all NEO social media platforms through photo, video, graphic design and copy.
- Act as the college spokesperson in any matter as may be necessary or assigned.
- Develop and produce periodic newsletters to be distributed among employees, alumni, donors, the OSU A&M Board of Regents, and other key constituents. This includes an annual alumni magazine and other publications as directed.
- Assist in the creation, production, and placement of all campus advertising with area media and social media for the purpose of recruitment, retention, promotion of events, and engagement of alumni and donors. This includes television, radio, newspaper, billboard, social media, and all other mediums.
- Maintain positive relations with the press and organize press conferences for major campus developments, including crisis communication.
- Responsible for proofreading and fact-checking all brochures, posters, special event promotional materials, recruiting materials that are created for external and internal communication, and others as requested or assigned.
- Coordinate printing in-house and off-campus.
- File timely paperwork for purchases, including collecting and inputting invoices and receipts to NEO purchasing software in coordination with the NEO Business Office.
- Execute school closure notices in conjunction with the Vice President for Student Affairs and campus police.
- Write scripts for the college president and others as assigned.
- Maintain campus marquees and digital signage, coordinate off-campus signage and keep it current.
- Serve as liaison and coordinator for special events and maintain the campus-wide calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred (communication, marketing or related field preferred)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, eager to engage with people individually or in groups.
- Ability to think quickly and respond accurately during a crisis.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of AP style.
- Must have knowledge in the business and advertising administration of popular social media platforms with an emphasis on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and related apps, including Outlook and Outlook calendars.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, and Premiere.
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp or similar platforms.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail it to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform as the College may deem appropriate.