August 9, 2023 in
Physical Plant Department
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Vice President of Fiscal Affairs|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||40 hrs. week, M-F, some nights and weekends|
|Position Supervised||Mechanical, Carpenters, Painters, Equipment Mechanics, and Administrative Assistant|
The Physical Plant director manages and coordinates: the maintenance/operations activities of the College including buildings maintenance, grounds maintenance, and utilities services of approximately 28 buildings and 81 acres on main campus and 200 acre farm; capital projects that include construction, renovation, landscaping and equipment installation; and, supervise private contractors.
- Responsible for the management of all physical plant financial and material resources which include short-term and long-range planning, justification of need, prioritization, presentation, accountability and administration
- Consults and advises architects, engineers, and contractors on capital projects that include construction, renovation, landscaping and equipment installation. Participates in all capital projects by preparing, as well as, reviewing bid documents to ensure compliance with applicable building codes, reviewing the accuracy of cost estimates, evaluating bid submittals, following purchasing policies and monitoring the schedule of completion through the project phase
- Responsible for the overall appearance of grounds which includes lawn spaces, landscaping and campus infrastructure such as roads, sidewalks, and parking lots.
- Provides consultation, advice and liaison services between Physical Plant and campus administrators/departments, community personnel, external agencies and vendors to ensure compliance with federal, state, and college regulations.
- Conducts building inspections and collects data to determine necessary repairs and project costs, assist in budget preparation for physical plant operations
- Manage inventory levels to assure adequate supply within budget constraints
- Review and schedule work orders and maintenance requests for all crafts, and balance personnel requirements with personnel availability
- Generate drawings and compile specifications for equipment and in-house construction projects.
- Inspect and coordinate physical plant projects by private contractors
- Provide for training and development of Physical Plant personnel in safety and maintenance procedures
- Responsible for administrative duties of physical plant
- Other duties assigned by VP of Fiscal Affairs
- Five years of experience relating to construction and/or physical plant/facilities management of a complex educational facility or equivalent
- Working knowledge of all trades pertaining to physical plant
- Ability to estimate job and project costs
- Must be proficient in blueprint reading
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership techniques for plant administration in team building
- Thorough knowledge in compliance with federal and state laws regarding environmental health/safety programs and applicable building codes
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.