October 9, 2023 in
Title III Department
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Title III Supporting the New Majority Activity Director|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||10 hrs. week, M-F|
Peer tutors will provide course-specific academic support to academically at-risk students from a distance.
- Provide academic tutoring for Virtual Campus students in targeted academic areas; track student progress.
- Model and assist academically at-risk students in developing study skills, time management strategies, and other academic success strategies.
- Refer Virtual Campus students to institutional services such as advising, mentoring, academic coaching, financial aid services, etc.
- Assist with data collection to support evaluation of the new system.
- Completion of associate’s degree or college junior or higher status, required
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA in subject area being tutored, required
- Previous experience in tutoring or instruction, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to tutor and connect with virtual campus students
- Assist virtual campus students troubleshooting basic technology issues
- Demonstrated ability to work on team, required
- Experience in addressing the needs of Native American, low income, and traditionally-underserved students, pref.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.