October 1, 2023 in
Fiscal Affairs Department
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||President of the College|
|Amount of Travel||10%|
|Work Schedule||40 hrs. week, M-F|
|Position Supervised||Controller, Director of Physical Plant, Human Resources Generalist, Business Office Staff|
The Vice President for Fiscal Affairs is a member of the NEO’s leadership team and serves as the chief financial officer with administrative accountability, leadership and management responsibility for all aspects of the College’s business, financial and accounting services, physical facilities (including construction), business support services, including but not limited to Business Office, Purchasing, Human Resources, Risk Management, Physical Plant operations and planning. The Vice President of Fiscal Affairs is responsible for all budget development, financial forecasting, audit, tax, and management activities including state and federal reporting, where appropriate.
- Advise the President and other administrators regarding the financial operations of the college.
- Build a reputation as an effective campus leader with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Supervise all personnel assigned, recommending selection, retention, promotion and discharge as appropriate.
- Directly administer the development and implementation of the annual budget, including appropriate analysis of issues affecting revenue and/or expenditures, preparation of long-range budget forecasts, administration of budget process, and recommend budget amendments as necessary through the course of each fiscal year.
- Annually prepare Composite Financial Index (CFI) for the Higher Learning Commission, analyze and evaluate factors impacting the ratio, prepare and present to the President recommendations for increasing the CFI.
- Provide direct administration and leadership implementation of strategic initiatives related to institutional finances.
- Maintain an internal control system to ensure the financial transactions are based upon established procedures as required by the United States government, the State of Oklahoma, the college auditors and the Oklahoma A&M Board of Regents’ policies and procedures.
- Oversee the development and preparation of all monthly and annual financial reports for the President of the College, Board of Regents and other reports, as required. Present and discuss monthly financial statements at the board meetings and other stakeholders as designated by the President.
- Coordinate the annual audit, including supplying auditors with all necessary information.
- Lead the development of annual changes to the schedule of tuition and fees; develop and present annual recommendation to the President.
- Oversee the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) in accordance with college policy.
- Administer purchasing policies, and recommend changes as necessary.
- Review and recommend appropriate insurance coverage (casualty, liability, and other coverages, excluding employee benefits) on behalf of the college.
- Review, negotiate, and/or monitor execution of contract for services.
- Review, negotiate, and/or monitor all leases entered by the college; develop and present recommendations for annual renewal of leases.
- Coordination of and reporting external financial commitments, dealing with finance and operations, to the office of State Finance, State Treasurer’s Office, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the Oklahoma A&M Board of Regents, as information is required by these agencies and boards.
- Supervises the completion of all facilities planning processes and reports to achieve maximum space approvals and facilities enhancements as directed by the President (e.g., Capital Improvement Plan, Educational Plant Survey, etc.).
- Interact with Vice President of Academic Affairs, Vice President of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management as a support in the areas of finance and personnel.
- Any other projects and research requested by the President.
- Graduation from an accredited institution of higher learning with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a business related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years extensive experience in the supervision of fiscal operations, budget and other budget related experiences, ten (10) years preferred. (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications)
- General knowledge of computers and financial accounting software
- Accounting/Finance (CPA preferred)
- Must have 5 years of financial management experience (prefer Higher Education experience)
- Works inside in an office environment with 6-8 employees within the same office and occasionally outside in varying weather.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.