Fall 2023/Spring 2024
Academic Affairs/Admissions Departments
|Location||Library Administrative Building, 200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Sam Hoover/Ashley Mayfield|
|Classification||Federal Student Worker|
|Work Schedule||To be determined by student schedule|
|Pay Rate||$9.00 per hour for new hire, $9.50 per hour for returning|
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Assists the Admissions/Academic Affairs Office in the daily functions of the office.
- Scan all incoming documents. This includes transcripts, test scores, add/drop forms, enrollment forms, etc. Once these are scanned, they need to be placed in each student’s file.
- File all add/drop forms, enrollment forms, change of address, transcripts, and any other paper documents that come through admissions.
- Telephone correspondence. Answering calls, taking messages and transferring when needed.
- Aid admission staff by obtaining files and other information for students when needed.
- Be aware of drop dates for the semester, so as to help when students ask on the phone or in lines at windows.
- Run errands for the supervisor (i.e., collecting items from print shop, Business Office, bookstore, Financial Aid Office, etc.)
- Purge and update files.
- Make copies and stuff envelopes for mass mailing.
- Keep office and vault areas clean and organized.
- General office duties: fax, copy, stamp envelopes, make labels, recycle files, etc.
- Any other duties assigned by office staff.
- High School graduate/GED
- Current NEO A & M student in good Academic Standing
- Basic typing and computer skills
- Performance of job duties will be evaluated on an ongoing basis by office staff.
- Special attention will be paid to the following:
- Getting to work on time for scheduled shifts
- Accuracy of work performed
- Appropriate use of time while at work
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information
- Following assigned work schedule
- Admissions office will work around the student’s schedule to create an appropriate work schedule.
- Admissions is open Monday – Friday 7:45am to 4:30pm
- Academic Affairs is open Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
DURATION OF POSITION
Start Date: ____________________ End Date: _________________________
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.