Fall 2023/Spring 2024 in
Student Support Services Department
|Location||Ables Hall/Copen Hall, 200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Ashley Duckworth|
|Work Schedule||To be determined by student schedule|
|Pay Rate||$9.00 per hour for new hire|
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Student Support Services Tutors provide academic support and guidance to students enrolled in various courses. Tutors assist students in understanding course material, improving study skills, and enhancing their overall academic performance. This role requires strong subject knowledge, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse student populations. The Tutor also serves as a positive role model at NEO.
- Provide one-on-one or small group tutoring.
- Document tutoring contacts ensuring student has correctly signed in for tutoring session.
- Recognize the different learning styles and preferences of students.
- Create a professional and welcoming environment by modeling respect for students’ diverse cultures, language skills, and experiences.
- Use active listening strategies to allow student to determine content and pace of tutoring.
- Utilize feedback and reflection to improve practice.
- Recognize primary role to help students become confident, successful, self-directed learners.
- Be direct and kind with students at the same time.
- Provide direct assistance in the use of equipment, learning objects, and materials needed for student success.
- Immediately report all emergencies and serious situations to SSS staff.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of staff and students.
- Attend and participate in tutor training.
- Assist the program in recruiting participants.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Received an A or B in the subjects which they will tutor and has recommendations.
- Performance of job duties will be evaluated on an ongoing basis by the supervisor.
- Special attention will be paid to the following:
- Getting to work on time and following assigned work scheduled
- Accuracy of work performed
- Appropriate use of time while at work
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
- The SSS Program will work around the student’s schedule and the individual being tutored to create an appropriate work schedule as much as possible. Tutoring will take place Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
DURATION OF POSITION
Start Date: Aug 2023_________________ End Date: May 3, 2024_________________________
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.