Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO) will induct nine members into the NEO Athletic Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Saturday, September 15, 2018. The 2018 honorees include eight individuals and one national championship team. NEO’s 2018 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees include:
• Ronnie Lowe is a member of the 1967 National Championship Football Team, NEO All-American Linebacker, and member of the Florida State University team.
• Dallas Kirk Lewis played for the Lady Norse Basketball Team from 1975-77; she has been inducted into the University of Missouri Rolla Basketball Hall of Fame and was drafted by the WNBA’s Milwaukee Does.
• Mike Butcher was an NEO Baseball pitcher from 1983-85 and spent three years in the major leagues. He is currently the pitching coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
• “Downtown” Terry Brown is a member of the 1989 National Championship basketball team and an NEO All-American. He also put up 16 points for the University of Kansas in the 1991 NCAA National Championship game against Duke.
• Kaycee Odle Grigg played NEO Softball from 2003-05. She was a two-time NJCAA Softball and Academic All-American and played for the University of Arkansas.
• Bill Yocum was the NEO Football and Wrestling Coach from 1977-81. He was a football All-American in 1970 and played on the 1969 National Championship team, before coaching for the 1980 National Championship team.
• Jim Ellis has been an NEO Contributor and Miami News Record Sportswriter for 40 years. He has been inducted into the Eight Man and Oklahoma Journalism Hall of Fame.
• Bennie Crossland is a Major Contributor to NEO Athletics and facilities, including the Crossland Complex, Red Robertson Field renovations, NEO Wrestling Complex, and the Legends Series Banquet.
• The 1986 NJCAA National Championship Football Team coached by the late Glenn Wolfe.
“Every two years, the Hall of Fame Committee has the privilege of selecting an elite group of individuals to be honored,” said Dale Patterson, athletic director for NEO. “The achievements of this group excel in examples of leadership, longevity, and accomplishment. They exemplify our traditions and the Norse commitment to excellence. We are honored to acknowledge them.”
The induction ceremony will take place in the Calcagno Family Ballroom in the Bruce G. Carter Student Union before the evening’s football game. Following the ceremony, the NEO Golden Norsemen football team will play against rivals Trinity Valley. Kickoff will be at 6 p.m. Tickets for the event will go on sale in July. “The Hall of Fame is a legacy that we are very proud of at NEO and to have it in conjunction with the NEO vs. Trinity Valley game will make for a great day of NEO Athletics,” added Patterson. “We hope everyone will come out and support the event and the Norsemen.” For more information about the NEO Athletic Hall of Fame, contact Nancy Roberts at email@example.com or call (918) 540-6327.