Students need a place to unwind, exercise and to learn about making health and wellness a lifelong habit. The Wellness Center at Northeastern A&M College offers programs and services for complete health and wellness of the mind and body for our students, employees and the community.
The Wellness Center also provides videos for online workouts. Be sure to check out the Virtual Wellness Resources as well as the Health Services page that has valuable resources to help students keep a healthy balance between classes, homework and the stresses of life.
The Wellness Center is located inside the Student Activity Center. Amenities include an indoor walking track, televisions, virtual active workouts and free towel and locker check-outs. The fitness center is free for all NEO faculty, staff and students with a valid NEO ID. Community memberships are available at a great rate. Persons using the fitness equipment must be at least 16 years of age.
- More than 20 cardio machines including treadmills, ellipticals, steppers and bikes.
- Two power-lift free weight stations.
- 12 strength-circuit machines and
- A full set of dumbbells.
- The fitness center also includes a functional training unit that is handicap accessible and includes ten attachments and 18 different exercise options.
Core Fitness Room
The Core Fitness room offers our members all the equipment necessary to target their core areas, like abdominals and backs. Equipped with kettle bells, fitness and medicine balls, rehab/therapy bands and fitness mats, this room also includes cycles, rowers and abdominal machines.
NEO has a six-lane, 75 foot swimming pool where we offer programming that includes lifeguarding, an arthritis class and GetFit classes. The aquatics center is equipped with all necessary safety and rescue equipment and a certified lifeguard is on duty during all business hours. Additionally, the Physical Education classes offer ways to improve or maintain well-being through water exercise.
NEO students and employees may use the pool during open swim with a NEO identification. Community members may use the pool during open hours with a college issued identification.
Courses offered for Credit or Audit
- Lifeguarding (for credit)
Wellness Center Goals
- To offer programs and services emphasizing awareness, prevention, and positive health behavior change.
- To provide current and accurate information on personal and community health issues
- To foster a campus environment supportive of a healthy lifestyle
- To provide knowledge and skills to improve and maintain health that may enhance academic and/or work performance
Fitness Center and Aquatic Center Hours
Monday-Friday: 6 am-9 pm
Sunday: 4 pm-9 pm
*Includes Core Fitness Room
Begins first Monday in June
Monday-Thursday: 6 am-6 pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
*Includes Core Fitness Room