Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO) is excited to announce the Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014. The 2014 honorees include six individuals and one national championship team. NEO’s 2014 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees are:
- Crissy Strimble, Lady Norse softball player and 2001 All-American.
- Everett Harris, NEO’s only two-time NJCAA National Champion in the sport of wrestling.
- Johnny Ray, Golden Norse baseball player for NEO in 1975-76 and Major League Baseball Rookie of the Year in 1981.
- Coach Brian Agler, NEO Lady Norse coach for women’s basketball from 1984-88 and had an amazing 124-42 record.
- 1969 Golden Norse football team led by Coach Chuck Bowman won the 1969 NJCAA National title.
- Contributors Bill Christenson (1930-2003) and Willie Osborn (1934-2014) were two gentlemen who contributed time, money and support to NEO Athletics during their lifetimes.
- “The achievements of this group of inductees is what has shaped the tradition and established a reputation for NEO Athletics,” said Dr. Jeffery Hale, president. “We are extremely proud to honor each of them. We look forward to inducting these Norsemen into the NEO Athletics Hall of Fame on October 25, 2014.” NEO would like to invite the community to attend the luncheon and inductions. NEO will host the luncheon and dedication in the Calcagno Family Ballroom in the Bruce G. Carter Student Union on Oct. 25, at 11 a.m. Please call the Athletic Dept. to reserve your banquet ticket. 918-540-6327 or email to email@example.com. Cost is $25 per person. $15 for children under the age of 12.