The Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College wrestling team qualified nine wrestlers for the National Junior College Athletic Association national tournament.
The NJCAA wrestling tournament is March 3 – 4, 2023, in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
“We believe our chances are extremely high to achieve our final goals for the year,” said NEO Wrestling coach Joe Renfro. “We look forward to the challenge of final preparations for the national tournament.”
Results from the South Central district qualifier by weight class:
- 125 – Peyton Brown – placed 3rd and scored 17.5 team points
- 133 – Raphael Marascio – placed 3rd and scored 13.5 team points
- 149 – Dylan Brown – placed 1st and scored 25 team points
- 157 – Richard Mack – placed 2nd and scored 16.5 team points
- 165 – Justice Compton – placed 3rd and scored 16.5 team points
- 174 – Tye Frnka – placed 5th and scored 11 team points
- 184 – Jackson White – placed 1st and scored 24.5 team points
- 197 – Geoff Freeman – placed 3rd and scored 13.5 team points
- 285 – Kale Schrader – placed 2nd and scored 17.0 team points
NEO Wrestling head coach Joe Renfro is in his tenth season at the college. During his time, he has coached 68 All-Americans, 89 Academic All-Americans, ten individual national champions and three national champion teams. Renfro is also the NEO athletic director.
Follow @NEO_Wrestling on Twitter to stay current with the results from the national tournament or watch live online. flowrestling.com