NEO had 15 athletes who received All-Academic awards. Eight of those athletes were selected for first team, two for second team, and five for third team.
The National Junior College Athletic Association announced the 2021-2022 All-Academic Teams. Student-athletes are eligible to earn academic honors by achieving an overall GPA of 3.6 or higher.
First Team: 4.0 GPA
- Makayla Baker – Women’s Soccer
- Lexi Baker – Women’s Soccer
- Madie Heffelman – Women’s Soccer
- Joy Renfro – Volleyball
- Barbara Turkalj – Women’s Basketball
- Chelsie Wilmoth – Women’s Basketball
- Tyler Douthitt – Men’s Soccer
- Mattia Loioli – Men’s Soccer
Second Team: 3.8-3.9 GPA
- Makayla Wagner – Volleyball
- Danilo Camilo – Men’s Soccer
Third Team: 3.6-3.7 GPA
- Mia Howard – Women’s Soccer
- Isabelle Howrey – Volleyball
- Santos Sanchez – Men’s Soccer
- Skyler Judd – Men’s Soccer
- Sydney Ellis – Women’s Basketball
Along with the NJCAA recognitions. Seven NEO wrestlers were recognized by the National Wrestling Coaches Association for their academic excellence and were named Scholar All-Americans. Those students are Alex Prince, Dalton Burdick, Dylan Brown, Gage Shetley, Richard Mack, Dayton Fields, and Seth Seago.
“I am extremely proud of the athletes who were recognized this year,” said Joe Renfro, NEO athletic director, and wrestling coach. “It is humbling to know they worked just as hard inside the classroom as they did outside the classroom.”