Your step-by-step checklist to getting started strong online at NEO.
- Apply to NEO
- Complete the Student Online Learning Orientation
- Activate Your Account
- Set up Multi-factor Authentication
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) and Scholarships
- Get Transcripts and Transfer Credits
- Schedule an Advising Session
- Enroll in Classes
- Access the Canvas Online Learning Platform
- Purchase Your Books or Materials
- Pay Your Bill
Apply to NEO
NEO has an open admission policy that provides easy access to education opportunities. You must submit an application for admission.
Required Admission Documents
- Official High School Transcript or Official GED Diploma
- Official Transcripts from other colleges attended
- ACT scores for students under the age of 21
- College Placement Test Scores may be required for students over the age of 21.
Complete the Student Online Learning Orientation (SOLO)
Take a self-guided tour through SOLO to familiarize yourself with NEO’s online learning.
Activate Your Account and Email
As a new NEO student, you will need to activate your GoldKey account to securely access your NEO email, MyNEO and Canvas, our learning management system.
The GoldKey link is located at the bottom of every page on the NEO website. Use this link to set up or access your GoldKey account
From the acceptance letter, locate your Campus Wide ID & PIN Number
NEO GoldKey Passwords expire every 120 days. Use the GoldKey link at the bottom of every page on the NEO website to change your password
All official campus correspondence will be sent to your NEO email
Contact the NEO HelpDesk by phone or submit a HelpDesk ticket for the fastest response.
Set up Multi-factor Authentication
You will need to set up multi-factor authentication to access your NEO online courses.
Visit the Multi-factor Authentication Portal.
After you have authenticated successfully to the page, you will need to select the “Add Devices” link to set up new devices to authorize your login.
Once devices are set up, select the Complete Registration link.
You may be required to register with MFA depending on access to certain systems. You can also opt-in to use MFA for those systems that are protected, regardless of your access.
Read more information from OSU: Multi-Factor Authentication
Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) and Scholarships
If you have not already applied for financial aid, access and complete the FAFSA using the link provided on the financial aid webpage.
NEO’s FAFSA code is 003160
Contact NEO’s Office of Financial Aid by phone or by email: email@example.com
NEO offers more than 100 scholarships to help students pay for college!
In addition to federal student aid and Native American benefits, you may be eligible for the following types of scholarships:
- NEO academic scholarships & housing waivers
- NEO Development Foundation scholarships
- Click here for Honors Program information.
To apply for all NEO academic and Foundation scholarships with one easy form, click the button below or visit scholarships.neo.edu. It’s free to apply. All applicants must upload their most current transcript and a one-page essay. Essay criteria: Please compose a one-page typed essay about your current educational goals, your degree of commitment to pursue a college education, and how you anticipate contributing to society. Please include any additional details you believe are important.
Get Transcripts and Transfer Credit
Contact your High School and/or all previous colleges and universities attended to get copies of your transcripts sent to NEO.
Enroll in Classes
The NEO Success Center aims to assist students both on campus and online. The Success Center’s Online Academic Advisor makes the option of enrolling from a distance seamless with accessibility by phone and email.
Gather all relevant information before the advising session.
Notify your advisor of any changes in academic plans (for example: drop/add classes, pending transfer credit, or change of major)
Access the Canvas Online Learning Platform
Canvas is NEO’s online learning management system. Log in to Canvas using your GoldKey credentials to access all your online courses.
You can access the Canvas login page from one of two locations on NEO’s home page at www.neo.edu.
- The Canvas Link in the top right navigation bar or
- The Canvas link in the “Current Student” dropdown menu in the main navigation bar.
Pay Your Bill
The Business Office is here to help you navigate the financial responsibilities associated with attending college.
Use your Student Account Center to:
- Manage your account or pay your bill 24/7
- View payment history
- Provide permission to others (parents, employers, etc.) to view your bill and make payments.
- Contact NEO’s Business Office by phone or by email: 918-540-6028 or firstname.lastname@example.org