Staff in the athletic department at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO) are pleased to announce that reservations are now open for the Hall of Fame weekend on Oct. 25. To make reservations, click here: https://neo.edu/Alumni/Events/NEOHallofFame or call Lisa Severe at (918) 540-6327. The athletic department will make seven inductions into its Athletic Hall of Fame at the induction ceremony on Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014. The 2014 honorees include six individuals and one national championship team.
NEO’s 2014 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees are:
• Crissy Strimble, Lady Norse softball player and 2001 All-American.
• Everett Harris, NEO’s only two-time NJCAA National Champion in the sport of wrestling.
• Johnny Ray, Golden Norse baseball player for NEO in 1975-76 and Major League Baseball Rookie of the Year in 1981.
• Coach Brian Agler, NEO Lady Norse coach for women’s basketball from 1984-88 and had an amazing 124-42 record.
• 1969 Golden Norse football team led by Coach Chuck Bowman won the 1969 NJCAA National title.
• Contributors Bill Christenson (1930-2003) and Willie Osborn (1934-2014) were two gentlemen who contributed time, money and support to NEO Athletics during their lifetimes.
The community is invited to attend the luncheon and induction ceremony. The dedication will be held in the Calcagno Family Ballroom in the Bruce G. Carter Student Union.
The full schedule is below:
• Friday, Oct. 24 — Registration and pick up packets o 11 a.m.– 4 p.m. in the athletic department offices (located in the gym)
• Lunch in the Bruce Carter Student Union o 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (lunch ticket will be in the registration packet)
• Golf Scramble at Peoria Ridge o 1:30 p.m. tee time (cost is $50)
• Dinner on your own – please see list of restaurants in Miami in the registration packet.
• Social and reception o 6:30 p.m. Chapman Alumni Suite in the Crossland Football Complex (located in the north end zone of the field) o Ticket will be in the registration packet for admission into the Miami High School Homecoming game – please enter at the north gate. o Refreshments and beverages will be provided.
• Post Wardog Game Party o 10 p.m. – Coleman House Restaurant at the Buffalo Run Casino (cash bar will be available).
• Saturday, Oct. 25 o 9 – 10 a.m. breakfast in lobby of the Bruce Carter Student Union
• Induction Awards Banquet o 11 a.m. in the Calcagno Family Ballroom inside the Student Union. Inductees will receive two complimentary tickets in their registration packets. Additional tickets are $25 per person / $15 for children under 12.
• Ribbon cutting o 2 p.m. in front of the stadium
• Golden Norsemen football game o 3 p.m. kickoff against Trinity Valley – during halftime NEO will acknowledge the Hall of Fame inductees and former NEO football players.
• Post Party o 6:30 – 10 p.m. in the Calcagno Family Ballroom (limited menu and cash bar available).
• Sunday, Oct. 26 – Breakfast with NEO Coaches o 9 a.m. breakfast in the Blue and Gold Lounge of the Student Union.