Students enrolled in the Certificate of Mastery Program at NEO are eligible to participate in the Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Program.
To qualify for the Scholars Program, child care providers must:
- Work in a on-star plus or above, OKDHS or tribal-licensed child care facility with a minimum of 10 percent subsidy children at time of application.
- Work as a teacher, family child care provider or director at least 30 hours per week earning $15.50 or less per hour
- Be employed at a child care facility at least six months before beginning coursework.
- Once approved, be on a child development or early childhood education plan of study
Note: Due to the availability of education and training funds, employees from federally funded child care programs are not eligible to participate in the scholarship.
- Support services and technical assistance from Scholars Program coordinators.
- Networking with other child care professionals.
- Scholarships for coursework at career technology centers for the Pathway to Your National Credential program.
- Scholarship for coursework at community colleges and for the National Credential Assessment
- Academic advisement
- Assistance with REWARD Oklahoma