Applying and documents
The International Student application deadline is August 1 for the Fall Semester and December 15 for the Spring Semester. All applications for admissions are submitted online.
The following original signed documents (no faxes or emailed scans will be accepted) are required to process your application to become an NEO A&M College student. An I-20 form can only be issued if you follow these instructions and fill out your application carefully.
Note: Be sure you complete all application dates in the [month/date/4 digit year] format; for example August 6, 1983 is written 08/06/1983.
- Proof of applicant’s date of birth on their passport (preferred), a copy of their birth certificate, state issued ID, etc.
- Application for a SEVIS I-20
- NEO International Student Admission Application
- Preliminary Financial Statement (must be signed by a bank official & include all awarded scholarships)
- NEO Housing Contract (plus deposit)
- Statement of Understanding
- Mailing Address Form (please print)
- Official sealed transcript from your high school or U.S. college (date of graduation MUST appear)
- Record of immunizations (vaccinations) you have received – measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) required; Hepatitis B strongly encouraged, translated into English (unofficial translations accepted)
- Satisfactory scores on the TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo
After all the required applications and documents are received by NEO, an I-20 form and letter of acceptance will be sent to you within a few weeks. When your documents arrive follow the instructions enclosed and pay the I-901 fee. Be sure to keep your receipt for your consulate interview. Follow all directions and requirements of your country as government officials work with you to obtain an F-1 Student Visa.
Transcripts and previous college credit
Students who have previously attended high school and college outside the United States will need to contact SpanTran Evaluation Services to have their transcripts translated and evaluated for academic transfer. Students must designate NEO (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College) as the recipient of the finished evaluated transcripts so that the school registrar is notified of SpanTran account creation and status. Evaluated transcripts sent directly to students will NOT be accepted. The cost of the service is the responsibility of the student. Go to (SpanTran.com) for additional information.
Submitted High School transcripts MUST include a date of graduation. If your graduation date does not appear on your transcript you will need to get a letter from your high school on official letter head and signed by a school official that states your date of graduation in the Month/Date/Year (MM/DD/YYYY) format.
Please note that transcripts must be translated into English and both the translated and original transcripts must be submitted. Students must bring their original transcripts and translated transcripts (if applicable) with them when they arrive to NEO. Scanned or digital copies will not be accepted.
NOTE: An I-20 document will NOT be sent by NEO until transcripts have been submitted.
Transferring into or out of NEO
If you are currently attending another institution in the United States as an F-1 Visa student, you will need to have your SEVIS record released to NEO after you’ve met the requirements for admission. Please talk to your current International Student Advisor as soon as possible about transferring to NEO. You will need to submit the following documentation:
If you wish to transfer to another school or if you are pursuing further study in the United States after NEO, you must notify the International Student Advisor so that your SEVIS record can be released to the new school. You will then receive a new I-20 from your new school.
You will need to submit the following documentation:
- School Transfer Request – Outgoing
- A copy of your Letter of Acceptance from the school to which your SEVIS record should be transferred.
English requirements – TOEFL exam
Acceptable English scores include:
- TOEFL report with a minimum score of 61, IELTS minimum score of 5.0 or Duolingo minimum score of 85 OR
- International students from countries where English is an official language may not be required to submit TOEFL scores. Students from these countries will be assessed by NEO’s standard entry Accuplacer test.
International students who are planning to enter specialized medical training programs at NEO may be required to take the TOEFLiBT (internet Based Test) which contains a speaking and listening component. Required minimum scores on the TOEFLiBT may be higher for admittance to the NEO Nursing, Medical Lab Technician, or Physical Therapy Assistant programs. Contact these programs directly for additional information.
International students are required to undergo Tuberculosis (TB) testing within 10 days of arrival on campus. An appointment with NEO’s school nurse will be scheduled immediately and persons with a positive TB result must undergo further screening at the Ottawa County Health Clinic. This may include a chest x-ray. Prophylactic medication and follow-up exams may also be required, as determined by the Ottawa County Health Department.
Students who do not meet this requirement, or if necessary, who do not undergo subsequent screening or follow prescribed treatment regimes may be prohibited from attending classes, will be blocked from registering for the subsequent semester, and will not be allowed to apply for a Social Security card until such time as they are determined to be of no public health risk (e.g. contagious).
Enrollment note …
Remember, International Students studying in the U.S. on an F-1 Visa are required to enroll in and complete a full-time course load each semester. Any and all exceptions to this, whether for academic, medical or personal reasons, must be documented and approved by NEO International Programs prior to finalizing enrollment or dropping classes.