Upward Bound is a program designed to help high school students acquire the skills and motivation necessary to succeed in high school and postsecondary education.
The Upward Bound Summer Academy is:
- Mandatory every summer
- A six week program
- Experience living on the campus of NEO A&M College
- Learn team-building and social skills
- Improve in core classes such as math, English, science and foreign language
- Have an opportunity to study other subjects and skills not normally offered in their schools
What does Upward Bound provide?
- Academic and personal development
- Leadership training
- Motivational & educational workshops
- Assistance with college admissions
- Financial Aid application assistance
- College prep assistance
- Cultural enrichment trips
- ACT prep
- Travel opportunities
- Stipend and scholarship program
What are the benefits?
- Students can earn up to $40 every month
- Receive after school tutoring
- Visit college campuses
- Be prepared for college
Who qualifies for Upward Bound?
- Students in grade 9 or 10
- Students who attend Afton, Commerce, Fairland, Grove, Miami, Quapaw or Wyandotte schools
- Students who meet income eligibility requirements
- Students who’s parents do not have a 4-year degree
How do I apply for Upward Bound?
- Make sure you qualify
- Be committed
- Pick up an application with your school counselor
- Complete and submit the application to the NEO Upward Bound Office