May 1, 2023 in
Business and Technology
|Location||200 I ST NE, Miami, OK|
|Reports To||Department Chair of Business and Technology|
|Amount of Travel||Minimal|
|Work Schedule||40 hrs. week, M-F|
The position requires that the instructor teach a full load of courses as assigned by their supervisor. Release time and or contact hours may be considered when assigning an instructor’s teaching load. A full load is defined as 30 credit hours per year dependent upon release time earned through other assignments.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with catalog descriptions and approved syllabi, revising official syllabi when necessary
- Teaches evenings, off-campus, or through distance education delivery systems, if necessary
- Maintains competency in assigned instructional areas
- Maintains necessary academic credentials
- Complies with all appropriate academic standards as set forth by the accreditation agency of the college, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, the Board of Regents for Oklahoma State University and the A&M Colleges, the College, and the particular programs
- Creates and maintains a professional Web page on the College Website with appropriate faculty bio, contact information and teaching/office schedule
- Participates in selection of Textbooks/Learning materials for courses taught
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance related to curriculum development to ensure that courses and programs meet current standards, are reviewed regularly, and provide evidence of necessary assessment practices
- Promotes a positive learning atmosphere within the classroom by maintaining order, demonstrating multiple approaches, employing appropriate technology, attending promptly to individual needs, and conducting class regularly and punctually
- Maintains a sound system of student evaluation, demonstrating fairness in grading and protecting the integrity of all evaluation tools
- Keeps accurate records and promptly submits all requested materials to appropriate administration
- Participates in the Department’s efforts to assess learning
- Posts and adheres to an approved schedule of office hours for advising, enrolling, and tutoring students
- Uses all forms of academic warning frequently and consistently to enhance student success and retention
- Observes all accepted policies and procedures when enrolling students
- Supports College functions which include (but are not limited to) assemblies, commencement, enrollment sessions, in-service workshops, honors banquets, etc.
- Supports College events which may include (but are not limited to) concerts, activity events, luncheons, dinners, etc.
- Supports Departmental programs including meetings, training, program reviews, etc.
- Actively recruits prospective students, both traditional and non-traditional (aggressive recruiting may be mandatory to ensure the viability of some of the College’s programs)
- Academically advises students (specifically related to a student’s academic assessment and placement, academic major and appropriate plan of study, enrollment, and intervention, when necessary)
- Academically counsels students (specifically related to career and transfer guidance, referral to instructional resources, etc.)
- Interacts with appropriate external audiences (alumni, community, private sector, etc.) to raise awareness of specific projects of the College in need of support (donations of funds, contributions of other assets, etc.)
- Maintains a professional attitude, cooperating with administration, faculty, staff, students, and community, and following accepted channels in all official campus communication
- Supports the vision, mission and goals of the college
- Accepts other related work responsibilities as assigned
- Masters Degree in a business related field or a Masters degree with 18 graduate level credit hours in economics or a business related field.
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at http://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.