- Any spillage of a chemical or radioactive material is to be reported immediately to Campus Police at extension 6300 (after hours at 918-533-1243).
- When reporting, be specific about the nature of the involved material and the location. Campus Police will contact the necessary specialized authorities and medical personnel.
- The instructor or supervisor should vacate the affected area at once and seal it off to prevent further contamination of others until the arrival of public safety personnel.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill is to avoid contact with others as much as possible, remain in the vicinity and give their names to Campus Police. Required first aid and clean up by specialized authorities should be started at once.
- Depending on the severity of the spill, at your discretion activate the building alarm to aid with evacuation. CAUTION: THE BUILDING ALARM RINGS ONLY IN THE BUILDING.
- When evacuating the building, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- ASSIST THE HANDICAPPED IN EVACUATING THE BUILDING. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building(s). Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless directed to do so by Campus Police or Building Coordinator.
* Additional emergency numbers
- Department of Natural Resources Environmental Protection Agency:
National Office – 1-800-424-8802