PTA prerequisite courses
English Composition I (3 credits)
English Composition II (3 credits)
American History (3 credits)
American Government (3 credits)
General Psychology (3 credits)
Intro to Physics (4 credits)
Anatomy & Physiology* (4 credits)
Medical Terminology** (3 credits)
Special notes for prerequisite courses
*Anatomy & Physiology
- At NEO, the Anatomy & Physiology course requires a science laboratory course.
- The Anatomy & Physiology course must be a biology-based course with the corresponding prefix.
- If you are transferring Anatomy & Physiology from another college or university which require 2 semesters, then BOTH semesters must be completed in order to fulfill this prerequisite.
- Anatomy & Physiology I and Anatomy & Physiology II are both required if the course name is not just Anatomy & Physiology.
- Human Anatomy course and Human Physiology course are both required to fulfill the prerequisite.
- This course is a 3 credit hour course at NEO. If you have taken a Medical Terminology course at another college or university that was a 1 or 2 credit hour course, you may sit for NEO’s Advanced Standing credit exam. If you pass this test, you will receive credit for your Medical Terminology course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding this exam.
Recommended Course Sequence
Associate in Applied Science
Program Course Schedule (PDF)
Physical Therapist Assistant
Department of Nursing, Allied Health, & Physical Education
Dawn Smathers Instructor - Physical Therapy
- 202, Cunningham Hall
It’s free to apply to NEO A&M College.
Apply online today!
Enroll with Success!
Already applied and ready to enroll? Call the NEO Success Center: