Program goals and outcomes
The MLT Program Mission is obtained by the following objectives:
- Provide a curriculum that will produce a laboratory technician that is competent in handling technical procedures, reliable, and adept in handling interpersonal relationships with patients, peers, and other healthcare professionals. This curriculum will meet the requirements for an Associate of Applied Science Degree as set forth by the College and for an MLT as set forth by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- Provide an efficient monitoring and feedback system for students so he/she may realistically evaluate his/her progress and potential.
- Provide qualified program and clinical instructors.
- Encourage leadership and professional advancement.
- Promote the profession of medical laboratory science in the community.
- Assess program effectiveness at the classroom, program and institutional level.
- Promote continuing education seminars for students and laboratory professionals.
- Provide clinical experience in affiliate facilities.
- Continually monitor the needs of the student and clinical laboratories incorporating any changes that will provide an effective education.
|Graduation Rates||Graduated between 7/1 – 6/30 Totals||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|A) # who began the “final half” of the program||52||13||23||16|
|B) # who began the “final half” of the program but subsequently left (voluntarily or involuntarily)||0||0||0||0|
|C) # who began the “final half” of the program but are still currently enrolled||0||0||0||0|
|D) # who began the “final half” of the program during the given time period and have since graduated||52||13||23||16|
|Yearly Attrition Rate Percentage: (B/A) x100||0%||0%||0%|
|Yearly Graduation Rate Percentage: [D/(A-C)] x 100||100%||100%||100%|
|Three Year Average Graduation Rate Percentage: = (Row D / (Row A – Row C)) * 100:||100%|
|Pass Rates||Graduated between 7/1 – 6/30 Totals||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|A) # who sat for the ASCP or AMT BOC exam within first year of graduation||45||13||19||13|
|B) # who passed the ASCP AMT BOC exam within the first year of graduation||24||6||10||8|
|Yearly Certification Pass Rate Percentage: (B/A) x 100||46%||53%||62%|
|Three Year Average Certification Pass Rate Percentage: (Row B / Row A) x 100:||53%|
|Placement Rates||Graduated between 7/1 – 6/30 Totals||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|A) # who found employment (in the field or in aclosely related field) and/or continued their education within one year of graduation||38||11||22||16|
|B) # who did neither of the above||1||1||0||0|
|C) # for which you do NOT have any information||3||0||1||2|
|Yearly Average Placement Rate Percentage:[A/(A+B)] x 100||92%||100%||100%|
|Three Year Average Placement Rate Percentage: = [Row A/ (Row A + Row B)] *100:||97%|
The Medical Laboratory Technician Program at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences. For information about the Medical Laboratory Program, contact the program director. For information about the accreditation status of the program, contact the accrediting commission.
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018-5119
It’s free to apply to NEO A&M College.
Apply online today!
Enroll with Success!
Already applied and ready to enroll? Call the NEO Success Center: