We offer basic child development classes and lab experiences that help a student to be sure this is the career path for them. We are one of the few two-year colleges in Oklahoma with a Child Development lab school for students! There is also a Scholars Program for daycare workers needing additional hours in the field. Students can pursue an Early Childhood Education degree or a Child Development Mastery Certificate.
Early Childhood Education
Associate in Arts
Example Plan of Study (PDF)
Scholars for Excellence
Students enrolled in the Certificate of Mastery Program at NEO are eligible to participate in the Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Program.
To qualify for the Scholars Program, child care providers must:
- Work in a on-star plus or above, OKDHS or tribal-licensed child care facility with a minimum of 10 percent subsidy children at time of application.
- Work as a teacher, family child care provider or director at least 30 hours per week earning $15.50 or less per hour
- Be employed at a child care facility at least six months before beginning coursework.
- Once approved, be on a child development or early childhood education plan of study
Note: Due to the availability of education and training funds, employees from federally funded child care programs are not eligible to participate in the scholarship.
- Support services and technical assistance from Scholars Program coordinators.
- Networking with other child care professionals.
- Scholarships for coursework at career technology centers for the Pathway to Your National Credential program.
- Scholarship for coursework at community colleges and for the National Credential Assessment
- Academic advisement
- Assistance with REWARD Oklahoma
Careers in Early Childhood Education
- School Teacher (Kindergarten to 3rd grade)
- Head Start Teacher
- Early Childhood Specialist
It’s free to apply to NEO A&M College.
Apply online today!
Enroll with Success!
Already applied and ready to enroll? Call the NEO Success Center: