Applications are due March 31. (Late applications may be considered.)
Upon admission to the MLT Program, students must meet certain requirements in order to participate in the on-campus classroom and laboratory experiences and/or clinical practicums.
In order to successfully progress through the Medical Laboratory Technician Program and function as a practicing medical laboratory technician upon graduation, an individual must be able to perform certain physical and mental activities. These physical and mental abilities include, but are not limited to:
The visual ability to:
- Differentiate color changes during the performance of laboratory procedures.
- Observe patient’s condition during phlebotomy procedures.
- Read laboratory instruments technical procedure manuals, standard operating procedures and information system computer screen.
The motor function to:
- Collect and process biological specimens for analysis.
- Perform analytical tests on body fluids, cells, and products.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment and instruments or refer to appropriate source for repairs.
The behavioral and social skills to:
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with patients, laboratory personnel, other health care professionals, and the public.
- Recognize the responsibilities of other laboratory and health care personnel and interact with them with respect for their jobs and patient care.
- Recognize and act upon individual needs for continuing education as a function of growth and maintenance of professional competence.
The critical thinking abilities to:
- Recognize factors that affect procedures and results, and take appropriate actions within predetermined limits when corrections are indicated.
- Monitor quality control within predetermined limits.
- Apply basic scientific principles in learning new techniques and procedures relating laboratory findings to common disease processes.
These competencies are recommended by the essentials and guidelines of accredited educational programs for the medical laboratory technician as published by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), for graduation and initial employment as medical laboratory technician.
Students with disabilities
NEO College fully subscribes to all principles and requirements of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 for qualified disabled individuals. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a federal anti-discrimination statue that provides comprehensive civil rights for persons with disabilities. Among other things, this legislation requires that all students with disabilities be guaranteed a learning environment that provides for reasonable accommodation of their disabilities. If you believe you have a disability requiring an accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator. If any student has a disability and needs special accommodations due to this disability, the MLT Program Director will work with the ADA Coordinator to provide reasonable accommodations for the student.
Medical Laboratory Technician Program**
|Tuition & Fees (43 credit hours)*||$7041.25|
|Books & Supplies||$722 for 3 semesters (approximate)|
|Physical Exam||$15 (approximate)|
|Immunizations (Hepatitis B)||$150 (approximate)|
|Criminal Background||$76 (approximate)|
*This is the in-state tuition rate per credit hour for the 2020-2021 school year as determined on September 21, 2020. At this time, all United States students accepted to the program qualify for in-state tuition. Application must be made with the Financial Aid Office to receive the out-of-state waiver.
**These are estimated costs based on available information. They are subject to change without prior notice to the student. This list does not include the cost for pre-requisite courses.
Important student information
Medical Laboratory Technician
- 104B, Osborn Lab Sciences Building
It’s free to apply to NEO A&M College.
Apply online today!
Enroll with Success!
Already applied and ready to enroll? Call the NEO Success Center: