NEO students come from across the state, the country and the world. They earn NEO credits and then transfer to other institutions. Many start at NEO, transfer to another college or university to complete a higher degree. Oftentimes they return to NEO with enough credits to complete an associate degree through the reverse transfer program.
Transfer-in credit evaluation
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College uses the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Course Equivalency Project (CEP) to evaluate incoming transfer credit from Oklahoma colleges and universities in disciplines participating in the CEP (see below).
- The Registrar evaluates all other courses for transfer on a course-by-course basis, in consultation with discipline faculty.
- Courses completed at institutions located outside of the U.S. will be reviewed for transfer credit based on U.S. regional accreditation standards or postsecondary recognition in the country for which the institution is located.
- Students must submit official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office from all other post-secondary institutions previously attended for evaluation.
- In addition to official transcripts, students may be required to submit additional documents, such as a course syllabus, for evaluation.
All transferred courses are recorded on the student’s NEO academic record. No part of the previous collegiate record may be disregarded.
Oklahoma state-wide course equivalency project (CEP)
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College cooperates fully with the faculty-agreed standard of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Articulation Policy (an agreement between all state higher education institutions whereby several courses in 21 different disciplines are transferable to any other state higher education institution without further evaluation.) This Articulation Policy allows transfer of fundamental courses among institutions in the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. Check with your advisor for specific information regarding transferability to the four-year college or university of your choice.
Transfer-out NEO credit to four-year
If you plan to transfer to another college or university, it is important that you identify potential transfer colleges as soon as possible. While a NEO course may transfer to another college or university, a course may not be a part of the specific degree plan you choose. Therefore, it is important to determine what courses meet the degree requirements at NEO and meet the degree requirements at the transfer college or university as early as possible. To help you plan for transfer, you should meet with your NEO advisor and you should also contact a transfer advisor at the college or or colleges you are interested in attending after you complete NEO College.
- Determine the college you are interested in transferring to after NEO, along with your major of interest study. (What subject you are wanting to major in?)
- Collect information about the college(s) of interest. This can be through internet searches, visits, NEO advisors or your faculty advisor.
- Contact the Admissions or Transfer office of the college(s) and determine how many hours you can transfer from NEO. College and universities have different policies about the number of hours that may transfer from a two-year college.
- Once you select a transfer college or university, follow the admissions process for that institution. Don’t forget to ask about transferring financial aid and available scholarships.
- Visit with your new advisor or visit the academic advisement center of the new college.
Reverse transfer – degree completion at NEO
Students are encouraged to complete their associate degree, even if they have transferred to a senior institution of higher education. Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College accepts credit through reverse transfer in order to facilitate the student’s completion of a degree program at NEO College after the student has transferred to another college or university.
Students who have previously attended NEO College and meet NEO College’s resident credit requirements will be eligible for reverse transfer credit to facilitate degree completion. Through reverse transfer, students may transfer back qualifying courses to NEO in order to complete the degree requirements after the student is no longer attending NEO College. The transfer of courses from another institution is subject to NEO College’s Transfer of Courses policy and NEO academic program requirements.
It’s free to apply to NEO A&M College.
Apply online today!
Enroll with Success!
Already applied and ready to enroll? Call the NEO Success Center: