Ag Major Enrollment
- Animal Science
- Ag Ed.
- Plant and Soil Science
- Agriculture Communications
- Agriculture Business
- Agriculture Economics
Classes Needed first semester:
- FYE 1011 – Instructor ALWAYS needs to be an Ag. Instructor
- An ACCEPTABLE ENGLISH CLASS. If they have a deficiency ALWAYS put them in the “0” level classes FIRST.
- An ACCEPTABLE MATH CLASS. Again, if they have a deficiency ALWAYS put them in the “0” level courses FIRST.
- READING if needed.
- If they test into 2 or more “0” level classes they need to be in CLS the second 8 weeks of Semester.
Good choices for other classes to take first semester:
- SPCH (Speech). This will always be accepted for General Ed Elective on Grad check sheet.
- ANSI 1124 (Animal Science)
- AG 2112 (Ag. Computer). This is the Gen Ed computer Requirement on the Grad Check Sheet
- AGEC 1114 (Ag Econ). If Ag Econ or Ag Bus. Major. Should be used for “Required Elective” on graduation check sheet.
- PLNT 1213 (Plant and Soil Science).
- SOIL 2124 (Soils) Cannot put them in if they have a science deficiency.
- MUSC 2573 (Music Appreciation) . This counts as humanities.
- TH 2413 (Introduction to Theatre). Counts as Humanities.
- ART 1803 (Introduction to Art). Counts as Humanities.
NEVER enroll a first semester student in PSYC. This class is only needed if they are an AGED major and should not be done the first semester.
Advisors: Roger Fent and Amanda Burrows
Natural Resources and Ecology Management – Associate in Arts
Fall Semester – Need to be enrolled in FIRST
- NREM1114 + the lab
- NREM2134 + the lab
- FYE – with ag instructor
- FOR 2013
Other class options
- Appropriate ENGL
- Appropriate MATH
- If students need two or more 0-level classes, make sure he or she takes at least two of them (definitely reading, if needed.) If one of the above classes needs to be omitted to keep the students from going over 19 hours, LEAVE OFF FOR2013.
- Forestry Students should take AG2112 for their computer proficiency requirement
Advisor: Mike Neal
Need to be enrolled in first semester
- FYE 1011
Other class options
- AG 2112
Advisor: Tyler Dewey
|ENGL 1113 English||3 credits|
|EQNE 1103 Introduction to Equine||3 credits|
|EQNE 1121 Equine Selection||1 credit|
|EQNE 2123 Equine Training and Management I||4 credits|
|FYE 1011 Freshman Year Experience||1 credit|
|ANSI 1124 Introduction to Animal Science||4 credits|
|ENGL 1213 English||3 credits|
|HIST 1483 American History||3 credits|
|EQNE 2123 Equine Health and Disease||3 credits|
|EQNE 2234 Equine Training and Management II||4 credits|
|EQNE 2012 Basic Horsemanship||2 credits|
|EQNE 1112 Basic Horseshoeing||2 credits|
|General Education elective||4 credits|
|AG 2112 Microcomp Tech in Agri||2 credits|
|ANSI 2123 Livestock Feeding||3 credits|
|EQNE 2133 Equine Reproduction||3 credits|
|POLS 1113 Government||3 credits|
|EQNE 2333 Equine Production and Business Management||3 credits|
|EQNE 2222 Marketing the Performance Horse||2 credits|
|FRMT 2221 Farm & Ranch Management Capstone||1 credit|
***One credit hour needed in addition to above proposed enrollment. Could be satisfied by internships, rodeo activities, etc.
Advisor: Chelsie Huseman
Need to be enrolled in FIRST semester
- ANIMAL BIOL1604
- AG2112 or ANSI1124
*If they have had core classes in high school that count for credit, make a list of them.
*Must start them in Math and Bio even if a “0” level.
Advisor: Roger Fent